AzPA CONTINUING EDUCATION MISSION:
The AzPA is committed to offering high quality, innovative, and appropriate educational opportunities that meet or exceed professional standards for excellence in programming, safety and participant/audience amenities for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the state of Arizona. The annual educational conferences provide a facilitated learning environment through classroom sessions, poster presentations, panel discussions, and networking opportunities.
CE SESSION DEVELOPMENT:
The AzPA CE Committee is calling for presenters to submit their suggested presentations for our Fall Conference, Southwestern Clinical Pharmacy Seminar, the 2016 Annual Convention and CE Journal home-study articles. We understand the proposed presentations will be in preliminary status. Upon acceptance, you will be given guidance and ample time to submit your final program. If you are interested in submitting a presentation please review the guidelines.
The deadlines for submissions are as follows:
- Fall Conference [September 17, 2017] – August 1, 2016
- Southwestern Clinical Pharmacy Seminar [February 25-26, 2017] – October 31, 2016
- 2017 Annual Convention [June 8-11, 2017] – February 10, 2017
- CE Journal Articles – ongoing
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Download the Speaker Submission Guidelines
- The AzPA will be accrediting ALL educational sessions for both Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians, thus we ask you to provide the learning objectives to meet both their learning needs. You will be required to list (3) Educational Learning Objectives appropriate for Pharmacists and (3) Educational Learning Objectives for Pharmacy Technicians in your proposal. To ensure high quality content, we ask that you ensure your presentation meets the most up-to-date clinical practice guidelines and information within the pharmacy scope of practice. Prior to completing the online application Download the complete Call of Speakers Guidelines.
PREPARE YOUR INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMITTING:
- The information submitted will be considered preliminary. You will have time to prepare your final presentation prior to the conference. Please note, in order to meet the educational goals of the association members, AzPA may suggest changes/alterations in the session titles and content of your abstract submission to be included in the final presentation. All the information requested in the application MUST be included in your proposal.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR EDUCATIONAL SESSIONS:
AzPA CE Committee will make program selections based on the criteria described below.
- The degree to which the presentation supports one or more of the practice specialties’, with priority given to selecting a comparable number of sessions for each specialty
- Presentations must be applicable to the practice of pharmacy in the following areas:
- Delivering patient-centered care
- Working as part of interdisciplinary teams
- Practicing evidenced-based medicine
- Focus on quality improvement
- Using information technology
- Developing and maintaining safe and effective medication use processes
- Thoroughness of the subject matter and proposal
- Overall quality of content
- Relevance / timeliness to current issues
- Well-defined focus and objectives
- Practical applications of material
- Level of speaking experience and expertise
- Basic, Intermediate, Advanced level knowledge
- Free from commercial bias (no marketing is allowed in sessions)
- Final selections are based on the best fit within the designed program curriculum
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org